John L. Montag
President, Chief Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager
John joined MONTAG in 1995 and became President and CIO in 2009. He plays key managerial and client advisory roles for the firm.
As Chief Investment Officer, John oversees the firm’s investment operations on a firm-wide basis. He also serves as portfolio manager for a number of clients, employing a comprehensive approach that focuses on investment issues, legal and accounting concerns, lifestyle considerations and philanthropic interests.
John grew up in Atlanta and attended The Westminster Schools. He and his wife, Erika, have three children. In addition to time with family, John is an avid student of history and politics and enjoys running, swimming, gardening and baseball.
Personal & Civic Affiliations
- Chair, Board of Trustees, The Rich Foundation
- Chair, Camp Twin Lakes Endowment Committee
- Member, Atlanta History Center Endowment Committee
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, Families First
- Past Trustee, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation
- Past Trustee, Camp Nebagamon Scholarship Fund
- Member, Leadership Atlanta Class of 2001
- M.B.A., Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- B.A. in History, University of Pennsylvania