Edward A. Montag
Chief Executive Officer
As Chief Executive Officer of MONTAG, Ned has overall managerial responsibility for the firm. He joined the firm in 1996, and in 2009 became CEO.
Ned’s managerial expertise, particularly in the family business context, was forged during his years as a member of the staff of the Family Business Forum in the Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University.
Ned grew up in Atlanta and is a graduate of The Westminster Schools. Outside the office, he spends much of his time with his wife, Andrea, and their three children. He is active in many local non-profit organizations, and enjoys reading, yoga, golf, fly fishing, and collects wines from Burgundy.
Personal & Civic Affiliations
- Member, Young Presidents Organization
- Member, Downtown Atlanta Rotary
- Member, Board of Directors, LaGrange College
- Treasurer, National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Chair, Sidney Isenberg Lecture Series at Atlanta History Center
- Former Endowment Chair, Trinity School
- Former Endowment Chair, Jewish Educational Loan Fund
- Advisory Board, Visiting Nurses of Atlanta
- M.B.A., Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- B.A. in English Literature, Washington University