L. Anthony Montag, CFA
Tony founded MONTAG in 1982. His experience as an investment counselor dates back to 1960, when he became a member of another Atlanta investment firm his father founded in 1945.
Tony is an emeritus member of MONTAG’s investment team. Having formally retired on December 21, 2020, Tony continues to lend his expertise to our firm as needed. During his active years, he conducted equity research, participated in bond portfolio management, and mentored our firm’s investment professionals. His career-long reputation of earning trust, giving effective investment advice, and building and maintaining strong relationships defines MONTAG today. His six decades of unwavering commitment to client service continues to drive the work of everyone in our firm.
Tony is a native Atlantan. He attended Marist School and graduated from The Lawrenceville School in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. He is married to Jackie Montag, who worked closely with Tony during her many years at the firm. Tony is an avid reader, collector of Southern American antiques, and an amateur researcher of human brain development and function.
Personal & Civic Affiliations
- Member, Investment Committee, R.H. Dobbs Foundation
- Member, Board of Trustees, Rich Foundation
- Immediate Past Chair, Finance Committee, Atlanta Speech School
- Immediate Past Chair, Endowment Committee, Georgia State University Foundation
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, Families First
- Advisory Director, Americo Manufacturing Co.
- Former Member, Board of Director, Abrams Industries
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Hebrew Union College
- M.B.A., Harvard Business School
- B.A. in Philosophy, Yale University