John L. Montag
President, Chief Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager
John joined MONTAG in 1995 and became CIO and President in 2009. He is responsible for research oversight at MONTAG and many of the firm’s day-to-day investment assignments.
As Chief Investment Officer, John oversees the firm’s investment research and serves as its lead portfolio manager, working directly for a number of clients. John employs a comprehensive approach blending investment issues, legal and accounting concerns, lifestyle considerations and philanthropic interests.
John grew up in Atlanta and attended The Westminster Schools. He and his wife, Erika, have three children. In addition to time with family, John is an avid student of history and politics and enjoys running, swimming, gardening and baseball.
Personal & Civic Affiliations
- Chair, Camp Twin Lakes Endowment Committee
- Member, Board of Trustees, Rich Foundation
- Chair, Atlanta History Center Endowment Committee
- Past Chair, Board of Directors, Families First
- Past Trustee, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Foundation
- Member, Leadership Atlanta Class of 2001
- M.B.A., Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- B.A. in History, University of Pennsylvania